Saturday, January 31, 2009

Valentine's Day


With Valentine's Day rapidly approaching, I figured I should discuss the subject. I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day myself but now that I work in a school it can be kind of fun, especially with the little ones and all the cute little Valentine cards and yummy candy that gets exchanged. Another reason that I've become a fan of holidays is because they remind me of my epilepsy....I know that sounds absolutely absurd but it's true. When I was first diagnosed I always felt like a burden. I was a little immobile and was still having numerous seizures and people had to do just about everything for me. So when the holidays came and my family all got together I felt like I was just being dragged along like an annoying kid that someone got stuck babysitting. Then for Christmas of '07 I was seizure free. My last seizure was two evenings before. Of course people didn't know that it would be my last for such a long time and I myself was expecting one too but I actually got to enjoy myself for once. So ever since then I've just been so happy around all holidays because I'm reminded by how long I've gone seizure free! I know, I'm wierd, but it works for me.
So anyways, Valentine's Day should be fun this year. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing outside of work but we'll be having a little party with the kiddos at the school I work at. I hope that everyone enjoys their holiday. I know that I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment